We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We are happy to announce that our practice has re-opened, and we are able to resume routine care. However, in order to provide essential dental care for your children while keeping the numbers of new COVID-19 cases in our community low, we are not able to return to "business as usual." We are taking measured steps to ensure everyone's safety, and you will notice some changes in the way our practice runs over at least the next couple of months.
The well-being of our patients continues to be our first priority. Per CDC guidelines, we will be applying ADDITIONAL PRACTICES TO HELP MINIMIZE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 in the office, and respectfully ask for your patience and help. We pride ourselves on delivering care in a friendly, easygoing way, but must make the following changes for the benefit of all:
- Our top priority is keeping everyone safe and healthy. If you or your child are not feeling well or have had a fever in the 24 hours before your visit, please stay home and re-schedule your appointment.
- You can expect a call before your child's appointment to ask some screening questions. We will need to complete the screening again when you and your child arrive, and we will also need to check both your temperatures.
- Please be sure that you and your child wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth. Your child will be asked to remove the mask at the appropriate time during his/her appointment (really young children should not wear a mask as it may pose a suffocation risk). Also, please wash your and your child’s hands before and after visiting our office to prevent the spread of germs. We will have hand sanitizer available upon your entry to the office.
- All members of our team (doctors and staff) will also be screened at the start of each workday (including temperature check).
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books and toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that there are fewer options for scheduling your child's appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for your family, as well as to reduce the number of families in the office at any one time. This will also allow for more extensive disinfection of treatment rooms between patients.
The practice of dentistry requires a STRICT ADHERENCE TO INFECTION CONTROL STANDARDS that keep patients safe. We will continue to adhere to these standards, as follows, during this time:
- Surfaces in patient treatment rooms are wiped after each patient with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Plastic barriers are placed on surfaces touched by team members during your child's treatment--for example, light handles and chair controls. These are replaced and surfaces are wiped between patients.
- All instruments are sterilized using a steam autoclave, the medical industry standard.
- All sterilized instruments will remain in sealed pouches and will only be opened just prior to seeing your child.
- Drs. Hayder and their staff will continue to practice proper hygiene protocols and use the appropriate personal protective equipment while seeing patients.
- We will continue to use high-speed evacuation and other methods (for example, rubber dam isolation) to minimize transmission of germs.
- All high-touch surfaces in common areas--for example, doorknobs, countertops, tables, chair arms--will be wiped on a more frequent basis using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep your child, and every child, safe in our practice. Thank you for continuing to entrust us with your child's care--it is a responsibility we do not take lightly. We are really looking forward to welcoming our community back into our practice.
Hope to see everyone again very soon,
Drs. Hayder and team